Can't even download from Chrome/Explorer or the itch.io client...
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
CS2D is a fast-paced free top-down multiplayer shooter!
Two teams fight each other in action packed matches. With a variety of missions like bomb planting, hostage rescue, V.I.P. assassination, capture the flag, construction, zombies, deathmatch and team deathmatch. You have access to a huge arsenal of weapons - also including crazy stuff like portal guns, lasers, RPGs and much more. Play online, in LAN or against bots. Use the built-in map editor to create your own maps within seconds or write Lua scripts to modify and extend the game!
- Fast paced online action (or offline against Lua scripted bot AI)
- Pistols, shotguns, rifles, sniper rifles, (S)MGs, grenades and many other weapons
- Many game modes: Classic (Bombs, Hostages, VIP), Deahtmatch, Zombies, Construction...
- Easy to use map editor with entity/trigger system
- Console & buy scripts
- Modify & extend with Lua scripts (yes, we also have mods with funny hats!)
- Dynamic light effects and a "GTA 2"-like top-down 3D mode
- Win, Linux & MacOS clients and headless dedicated server
- Many active players around the world, loads of custom maps and scripts!
Weapons & Items
- May different firearms and a tactical shield
- Fancy special armors (including a medic armor and a stealth armor)
- Medikits & bandages (instant health recovery on pickup)
- Money items (gain money by collecting them)
- Close combat: machete, wrench, claw, chainsaw
- Special "grenades": flare, molotov cocktail, gas grenade, airstrike, snowball
- Launchers: RPG launcher, rocket launcher, grenade launcher
- Mines: anti-personnel mine, laser mines
- And more: flamethrower, laser, portal gun, ... - over 70 different items in total!
Game Modes & Mission Types
- Classic mode with DE, CS and AS maps (bombs, hostages, VIPs)
- Deathmatch: just go crazy and kill everyone!
- Team Deathmatch with capture the flag and domination maps
- Construction mode: Build your own turrets, walls, teleporters, dispensers and more!
- Zombies! Try to survive or be a zombie and infest all survivors!
A Battle-Hardened Game
- CS2D has been around for over a decade and it has been improved with many updates
- A complete and working game! No early access! no wrong promises! WYSIWYG!
- The awesome CS2D community already created tons of custom maps and mods
Start Playing Today!
Learn more and get the game now @ CS2D.com
Please follow the instructions on the download page!
- Windows Client: There is a setup and a zip archive. Choose whatever you prefer. The zip is portable.
- Linux/MacOS Client: Get the zip, extract and run CS2D!
- Dedicated Server: Get one of the client zip archives + the dedicated server zip archive and extract both to the same folder, run cs2d_dedicated
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
nvm i found the solution
My game says failed to load image and I downloaded the files again and got the same problem.
This seems to be a bug which seems to occur especially on MacOS. Hope that it will be fixed with the next release.
i cant even download the game.
Are you using a download managers or some other special software for downloading? In that case I recommend to try it with a normal browser or to use another browser if you're already using a browser. Otherwise please let me know what exactly you try and what happens (any error messages or something?) so I can try to help you!
Oh my, old CS2D is updated, WOW !
I can't open the game.
What exactly happens when you try to open it? Maybe this can help you: http://www.cs2d.com/faq.php?show=err_launch#err_launch
It says: Failed to load image
Please make sure that this file is in place (relative to the executable).
Re-install CS2D if you are unable to fix this problem manually.
And I'm using a mac
That's weird. I already got a report from someone else with the same problem but I don't understand it because the file is in the archive for the mac download. To fix it you can try to download the windows zip archive and extract it into your CS2D folder on your mac. This should add all required files.
it still doesnt work
Can you give me the link to download the game?
Just click the download link specified on the itch page, or here: http://www.cs2d.com/download
If you need the windows setup you can get it here directly: http://www.unrealsoftware.de/get.php?get=cs2d_1003_setup.exe
Hope that helps. Otherwise please let me know what you need.
OK NEVERMIND I FOUD YOUR WEBSITE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR AWSOME GAMEPLAY THANKS
Glad to hear that you found it. Let me know if you have any other problems.
no its cool now i really enjoy your game and give me a link to vote on your game on steam i like your game thank you
this game so cool but i cant download it why? tell me